The academy aspires to the very best for each child; however we cannot do it on our own.
Research shows that parental involvement in a child’s education can make the difference of up to 30% improvement on achievement. We expect all parents to support the ethos and aspirations of The Portsmouth Academy. We ask you support us through ensuring your child:
- Attends regularly, we expect pupils to reach a target of 95% attendance
- Arrives punctually, in correct uniform, and fully equipped for learning
- Completes all home learning on time and to a high standard ensuring they are supported at home to achieve this
- We ask you to attend all school functions that involve your child. This includes: parent consultation evenings, safety on the internet, parents’ forums and for year 7, a meet and greet evening in the autumn term
- We ask you to support us in promoting positive attitudes to learning
- We hope parents and carers will consider becoming a parent governor or member of our parent-staff association.