Design & Technology enables our students to develop their skills in the designing and making of various products using a variety of media.
They learn through practicing thinking skills and by striving to apply the habits of excellence to a range of practical based activities.
Specifically the courses allow students to be innovative and creative whilst striving for accuracy within their work. Students are encouraged to think flexibly in order to achieve their goals and they work interdependently in partnership with others.
Our students are rightly proud of the products that they design and make throughout the year.
How do graphic products affect our everyday lives?
• Why are graphic products so important to our world?
• How should designer ensure that their designs are accurate?
• Why would a designer choose to use CAD rather than draw by hand?
• When would a graphic designer choose a serif, san serif, stylised or script typeface?
Why do graphic designers use CAD?
• How can the designer ensure that the product is aesthetically pleasing?
• How can you use maths to calculate the correct dimensions of your label?
• How might engineers, doctors and musicians use graphic products in their careers?
• How should you improve your model or prototype?
• How might a designer ensure that the product is aesthetically pleasing?
• Why might pictograms be used on graphic products?