Here at The Portsmouth Academy, Key Stage 3 students do one hour of PE per week. Activities involve individual (e.g. athletics), net (e.g. tennis), invasive (e.g. football) and artistic (e.g. dance).
We offer plenty of extra curricular opportunities which are wide and varied – please see this year’s timetable for full details. We are also active members of the Portsmouth School Sport Partnership which encourages inter-school competition. This year we are proud to be hosting all games for school teams involved in the netball tournament.
What are the benefits of exercise?
• Why is a warm up important?
• What makes an effective warm up?
What skills would enable you to be an effective football player?
• Can you identify the different types of passes used in a game of football?
• What does an effective team player look like?
• What does footwork mean?
• What does offside mean?
• How can we improve goal scoring technique?
What dance skills are used to create a dance?
• What do the terms canon and unison mean?
• What does choreographing mean?
• How does the music play an important role when creating a dance?
• What is mirroring and symmetry?
• What count do you use when creating a dance?
What skills are needed to be an effective basketball player?
• What are the teaching points for dribbling?
• How do you pass the ball?
• What does BEEF stand for?
• How many points are scored for a successful shot within the ‘D’?