Personal Development (PD) encompasses all areas designed to promote children’s personal, social and health development. Our PD curriculum and ethos promotes spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and prepares all pupils for the opportunities and responsibilities within their lives.
PD lessons give children the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need to make informed choices, to stay healthy and safe, to develop worthwhile relationships, to respect differences, to develop independence and responsibility, to know about democracy and how to be an active citizen, and to value their own abilities and those of others.
Who is the future me?
• What makes me part of TPA?
• What makes me British?
• What do I believe in?
• What are my future ambitions?
• What can help me on my learning journey at TPA?
• How do I ensure that my learning journey is successful?
What does it mean to be me?
• What makes a good friend?
• How do I deal with friendship problems?
• How do my friends influence me?
• What is bullying?
• What is stereotyping?
• How can I contribute to my life at TPA?
How will I change?
• How will I change during puberty?
• What makes a healthy diet?
• Why do I need to exercise?
• What is a good personal hygiene routine?
PD / IT Environmental project
• Who is responsible for the environment?
• Does it really matter?
• What are the key issues?
• What can be done?
• Is the Planet in Crisis?
How can I be a good citizen?
• How do we form attitudes towards others?
• How are people prejudiced?
• How do we discriminate against others?
• How do we discriminate against disabled people?
• What other forms of discrimination are there?
PD / IT Community project
• Where is my community?
• What project will support my community
• Why is it important to budget?
• How can this project be sustainable?
• What IT skills will I need to develop my community project?
• What skills do I need to develop to present my community project?